Medicon Agriculture & Environmental Sciences

Research Article

Volume 4 Issue 5

Nano urea Fertilization on Wheat Morphology under Restricted Irrigation Conditions Evaluated under Multi Locations Trails by AMMI and BLUP Analysis

RP Meena, SC Tripathi, SC Gill, Ajay Verma* and Gyanendra Singh
ICAR-Indian Institute of Wheat and Barley Research, Karnal 132001 Haryana
*Corresponding Author: Ajay Verma, ICAR-Indian Institute of Wheat and Barley Research, Karnal 132001 Haryana.

Published: May 16, 2023

DOI: 10.55162/MCAES.04.112

View Pdf


Highly significant variations of locations (L), treatments (T) and TxL interactions were observed by AMMI analysis of nine treatments consisted of nano urea formulations evaluated under multi location trails of wheat under restricted irrigation conditions. Plant height found nearly 90. 7% of TxL interactions was due to first two components while total of 97. 9% by all significant components. Total contributions for biomass of the significant components were 98. 2% while of two components accounted for 79. 4%. Approximately 85. 2% for ear heads per m2 was contributed by first two while significant components augmented to total of 96. 6%. More average values for plant height observed for T5, T8 treatments while consistent more plant height would be of T5, T8 based on superiority index measure. AMMI analysis based measures identified T4, T3 by MASV, MASV1, ASV and ASV1 values for biomass. Analytic adaptability measure PRVG and PRVG*GM, HMPRVG and HMPRVG*GM for ear heads per m2 had pointed for T5, T7 treatments. Higher average of treatments effects as per BLUP estimates favoured T5, T8 treatments also supported by GAIu and Hmu values. Consistent more biomass would be achieved by T5 and T6 treatments as per superiority index measures while considering the BLUP of treatments. The adaptability measures as per BLUP effects of treatments found suitability of T5 and T7 for ear heads per m2. Biplot analysis for plant height found tight relation of IPC1 with superiority and adaptability measures. Biomass observed right angle of IPC5 with superiority index measures. Centers Vijapur, Shillongani maintained ninety degree angle with IPC2 value. Clustering pattern for ear heads per m2 exhibited MASV, MASV1 with IPC4 values and W1, W2, W3, WAASB ASV, ASV1 constituted the respective clusters.

Keywords: AMMI; BLUP; Biplot; Superiority index; WAASB